Our Board of Management consists of the following:
- Two direct nominees of the Patron
- Two parents of children enrolled in the school (one being a mother, the other a father), elected by the general body of parents of children enrolled in the school.
- The principal teacher (or acting principal teacher) of the school.
- One other teacher on the staff of the school, elected by vote of the teaching staff.
- Two extra members proposed by the nominees, (1) – (4) above.
The board consists of eight people who will oversee the management of St. Patrick’s N.S as a Catholic Primary School from 1st December 2011 to 30th November 2015.
This term’s Board of Management members are as follows:
Fr. Mark English (Chairperson)
Mr. Colm Naughton (Principal and Secretary of the Board)
Mr Michael Molloy (Staff Representative)
Mr Pat Jackson (Patron’s Representative)
Mr Seán Peters (Parent’s Representative)
Ms Sarah Mc Queen-Meek (Parent’s Representative)
Ms. Catherine Flanagan (Community Representative)
Mrs Marina Reddan (Community Representative)
Functions of the Board of Management
Boards of Management are responsible for the direct government of schools. The duties of the Board of Management include the following:
- The appointment of teachers and ancillary staff;
- Approving school closures;
- Approving teacher absences for a variety of reasons;
- The appointment of teachers to deputy/principal and other posts of responsibility;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation; and Ensuring that schools are adequately insured and maintained.
Specific duties of the Chairperson of the Board of Management include;
- Acting as a correspondent with the Department of Education and Skills and all outside bodies;
- Presiding at Board of Management meetings;
- Signing the monthly returns and annual statistical returns; and
- Serving on the selection board for the appointment of teachers.
Our Board of Management work very hard in a voluntary capacity for the benefit of all the children in Scoil Naomh Cianain and it is very much appreciated by all.
At present, the Board hold one annual fundraiser: A 10 week draw, which is held in the last school term. As we do not ask for voluntary contributions in our school, we ask all families to support the draw and to try and fill a full draw card over the ten weeks.
Please click on the link below to access the most recent “Agreed Report” from the school’s Board of Management meeting: