Scoil Naomh Cianain is a co-educational Catholic school under the Patronage of the Bishop of Meath. We aim to promote the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the person of the pupil including a living relationship with God, with people and with the environment as we work in partnership with our parents for the welfare of our students.
Through the ‘Grow in Love’ programme, we provide Religious Education for the pupils in accordance with the doctrines, practices and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. We promote the formation of the pupils in the Catholic faith in a manner that is welcoming to and inclusive of the presence of pupils of other religious faiths and beliefs.
Our Catholic ethos is expressed during the school day through our actions, attitudes and practices:
- The school models and transmits a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Prayer, promotion of Christian values and and the celebration of the liturgy forms an integral part of the school day.
- The pupils are prepared for the reception of the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation in accordance with arrangements in the diocese.
- The students are encouraged to unselfishly use their gifts for the common good and to work for a more just and caring society.
- A spirit of mutual respect for pupils of different faiths and nationalities is promoted within the school community.